I met my mom at Atlanta Bread Company today, where I witnessed the single most scary vision of what could be the future...
A kindergarten-aged little girl- dressed in a Lilly Pulitzer skirt and Lacoste polo (here you know her mama has more money than sense)- actually threw herself on the floor, in front of the bakery, customers, God, and everyone, and pitched a fit-to-be-tied (and she should have been!) fit over a chocolate chip muffin top.
Are you freaking kidding me? Who is this child's mother?!? Oh, yeah, she's the woman who ignored Suzy Super Brat for 5 minutes before finally buying the cookie, thus teaching SSB that tantrums = results.
I may be a crazy-delusional new mommy, but if my kid ever tries to pull that crap I'm taking him to the parking lot. And, in the words of Bill Cosby "the parking lot is BAD. There are no witnesses out there..."
Pssst!!
14 years ago

So funny!
ReplyDeleteOY! What do other people think of my parenting, I wonder????????? It's terrifying to think about.....
ReplyDeleteBill Cosby is the best! Too bad more of our world does not agree with him. He just makes too much sense I guess. That's great... no witnesses. ;) While we're on vacation I'll have to show John this blog. He'll love it too. He doesn't have time when working, what is it, 500 hours a week?!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah... just saw your memorial (sort of, I guess?) to Baby Oscar in your sidebar. That's neat.
ReplyDelete