CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 6, 2009

And the Slack Mama Award Goes To...

...ME!!!

This afternoon I put Critter down for a nap in our bed. I know, I know, never leave a baby alone anywhere but his crib. DSS is on their way over here as I type. But, once Critter falls asleep, he doesn't move. At all. You have to check to make sure he's still breathing by holding a mirror to his nose, so it's never been a problem for him to nap there before.

Anyhoo, after putting him down I returned to the livingroom to try to organize the Fisher Price explosion. I realized, after a while, that I kept hearing a tinkling, clacking sound. Now, at first, I thought nothing of it. After living with a husband, a baby, and two dogs, I'm fairly used to tuning out background noise. However, after several more minutes, it occured to my fog-riddled brain that the sound was coming from the master bedroom. After another slow-gear-grinding minute or two, my brain clicked.

"The baby's alone in there!! The BABY must be making that sound!" my brain screamed to me.

I ran in there to discover this scene:



Yep, that's my Precious with a fistful of change that Darling Husband left on his nightstand.

Ironically, that's the video monitor receiver in the charging station. Maybe I should've used it today...

1 comment:

  1. *bwa ha ha* Look at him go! Can't BELIEVE our kids are the same age. Kinda glad mine still sits like a lump in one place...

    ReplyDelete